Chattanooga Wine Shop Tastings ~
- Looking ahead to Saturday Feb 21st, Riverside Wine will have Panoram Imports in for a tasting of wines from their portfolio.
- The Wine Shop is still selling wines at 20% off and doing tastings several days during the week.
Chattanooga Wine Events ~
- Mark your calendars for Tuesday February 17th at the Meeting Place. Merry Edwards Tasting at 6:00 p.m. Light Hors d’oeuvres, $25 per person, Reservations are required! call 423-266-4400 (More info here)
- Break Out the Bubbly : A Sparkling Wine Tasting Event at the Back Inn Cafe on February the 19th.
- Friday February 20th is CELLARbration : A blind wine tasting event at the Walden Club. Get your info here.
Wine News and Articles ~
- To decant or not to decant….that is the question in this Vinepair article.
- Believe it or not, there is more to Burgundy then the Côte d’Or. Eric Asimov of the NY times writes a great article on wines from the Cote Chalonnaise and finding some good deals. I personally have found excellent wines from Givery and Rully.
- The Decatner travel guide to Jura, France….here’s a region I would really like to visit.
- Really interesting article in the WSJ on Eric Solomon searching for great wines to import. Eric Solomon’s European Imports offers a fine selection of French and Spanish wines.
- I found this article to be particularly timely as we just had Blaufrankisch for the first time at the Chatt Wine/St Johns dinner. Gotta find some bottles of this to enjoy again.
Chatt Wine keeps a list of all the weekly wine specials around Chattanooga that we know of. Please let us know if we’re missing something. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like the Chatt Wine News to come to your email, sign up at http://www.chattwine.com
Send me your local wine events or interesting wine news. email@example.com