Chattanooga Wine Shop Tastings ~
- Check out the Saturday tasting at Riverside Wine. 3-5pm
Chattanooga Wine Events ~
- Chatt Wine and Riverside Wine Event – Get to know Riverside Wines Hidden Gems. Alison Matera, Riverside’s Sommelier, and Chris Bratcher, owner, will lead our group through some of their favorite hidden gems. This is a great opportunity to buy wines to enjoy now as well as wines to add to your collection and enjoy in years to come. Thursday March 5th at 6pm. Cost is $35 which includes tasting and $35 in store credit to be used for purchase of wines tasted. Call Riverside at 423-267-4305 to make your reservation.
- Panoram Imports will be doing a tasting at Brix Nouveau on Tueday March 3rd (7-8:30pm). Cost is $35. Call for reservations 423-708-3281
- Back Inn Cafe will be hosting a Shannon Ridge tasting on March 19th (6:30-8:30pm) Reserved seating and tickets required $37 / person Call – 423.265.5033 x4
Wine Reviews ~
- The wines of Merry Edwards, the “Queen of Pinot Noir” and one of California’s first female winemakers, are finally coming to the Chattanooga market. Read more here about the wines and recent tasting at St Johns Meeting Place.
- Bodega Iaccarinni Bonarda from Panoram Imports.
- Ridge Three Valleys a really interesting Sonoma blend.
- We have re worked our wine review page for easier browsing. Look for more wine reviews and recommendations coming soon.
Wine News and Articles ~
- Wine lesson from the New York Times writer Eric Asimov on Langhe Nebbiolo.
- What is a Super Tuscan? Learn more in this article from Vine Pair.
- Wine under $10 sucks….It is extremely tough to find quality under $10, I feel $13-$15 is the new “$10”.
- Here are two articles on from Decanter on the Jura and Rioja wine regions. These are two regions I would really like to visit.
Chatt Wine keeps a list of all the weekly wine specials around Chattanooga that we know of. Please let us know if we’re missing something. email@example.com
If you would like the Chatt Wine News to come to your email, sign up at http://www.chattwine.com
Send me your local wine events or interesting wine news. firstname.lastname@example.org