The Wine Shop is doing several tastings this week, Tues, Wed, and Friday 4-8pm.
Are you a frequent traveler or maybe traveling for the holidays? Here are the top domestic airport wine bars according to Wine Enthusiast. I’ve been to several of these and really like Beaudevin.
Thanksgiving is coming up, are you trying to figure out some wines for Thanksgiving?
- Here is some recommendations from Eric Asimov at the New York Times.
- Here is the wine geeks guide from VinePair.
- The 10 best…
- A guide to pairing wine and turkey.
Here’s a wine review I did on a really great French wine from the Cotes De Gascogne. This would be a perfect wine for Thanksgiving…..tasty, easy to drink and at a real bargain price for all the dinner guests.
10 years ago this fall the movie Sideways was released, featuring a trip in the Santa Barbara wine country, and leaving lasting damage on Merlot. (I love the movie and love a good Merlot)
- Reassessing Merlot 10 years after Sideways.
- Here is an informative, video detailing the Santa Rita Hills AVA in Santa Barbara wine country. I’m a fan of Arcadian and Bratcher wines which come from this area.
Here is the 2014 Vintage report from France. Winemakers from Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhône and elsewhere report a challenging but promising year.
Here is the 2014 Vintage report from Italy. Up and down the country winemakers from Piedmont to Tuscany to Sicily report a challenging summer.
Chatt Wine keeps a list of all the weekly wine specials around Chattanooga that we know of. Please let us know if we’re missing something. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like the Chatt Wine News to come to your email, sign up at http://www.chattwine.com
Send me your local wine events or interesting wine news. email@example.com