Today is Beaujolais Nouveau Day….what the heck is that? Here are some fun articles on this yearly wine tradition of 6 to 8 WEEK old wine.
- Beaujolais Nouveau by the numbers.
- The official Beaujolais Nouveau Day site.
- Vine Pair dosent love Bojo Nouveau.
- There’s more to Beaujolais than Beaujolais Nouveau…part one / part two. Really good articles from Mary Orlin.
Check out our local wine shops for a selection of Beaujolais, Riverside Wine and The Vine are sure to have good selections. Also The Wine Shop is offering specials on wines from Burgundy, including Beaujolais wines, and will be tasting some wines today –Domaine Marcel Lapierre Raisins Gaulois 2012 imported by Kermit Lynch, and Friday, will be tasting Au Contraire Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir & Russian River Valley Chardonnay.
Riverside Wine is having a big tasting on Saturday 2pm-6pm featuring wine representative Paul Bishop from Kysela Imports. You will get to taste wines from Italy, France, Spain, Austria and more! This importer has exemplary wines in every style. We will be mostly featuring wines that are UNDER $20 to help you stock up for the holidays! Also, All Kysela wines will be 10% off and 15% off if you buy a case of 12 bottles or more.
Wine Spectator has released its annual list of top 100 wines. Here is some reaction around the wine world.
- LA Times
- Port is this years #1…and 2 more of the top 5 are reds from Portugal.
- Here is how they arrive at the Top 100.
I recently bought a few 2009 Barolo to put away for several years to age, Nebbiolo is one of my favorite Italian varietals. I found these articles which could be very informative if your not very familiar with these wines or the beautiful Piedmont region.
- What is Barolo?
- A really cool video from GuildSomm.
- Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera, and Brunello…what’s the difference?
- Two really great articles from VinePair. Nebbiolo and the Piedmont region.
- The Piedmont region from Wine Folly.
- Is Barolo still Italy’s greatest wine?
Trying to figure out some wines for Thanksgiving? Here is some recommendations from Eric Asimov at the New York Times.
Chatt Wine keeps a list of all the weekly wine specials around Chattanooga that we know of. Please let us know if we’re missing something. email@example.com
If you would like the Chatt Wine News to come to your email, sign up at http://www.chattwine.com
Send me your local wine events or interesting wine news. firstname.lastname@example.org